Do you know that simply exposing young children to printed words helps prepare them to read? This newsprint bracelet gives kids an opportunity to not only play with words, but wear them as well.
- Newsprint, advertisements, junk mail...anything with words and pictures. Comics work especially well.
- plastic ring from a grocery jar (example: mayonnaise)
- mod podge
- Cut 1 inch strips of newsprint. Trim off the margins. Hint: The more colorful the print, the more colorful the bracelet.
- Wrap paper strip around the plastic ring. Secure with glue or a dab of mod podge.
- Continue until the circumference of the ring is covered.
- Mod Podge the strips on the bracelet.